The LSM6DS3 is a system-in-package featuring a 3D digital accelerometer and a 3D digital gyroscope enabling always-on low-power features for an optimal motion experience for the consumer.
The LSM6DS3 supports main OS requirements, offering real, virtual and batch sensors with 8 kbyte FIFO for dynamic data batching. Memory space can be allocated for batching of sensors or additional run-time calibration.
ST’s family of MEMS sensor modules leverages the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers and gyroscopes. The various sensing elements are manufactured using specialized micromachining processes, while the IC interfaces are developed using CMOS technology that allows the design of a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
The LSM6DS3 has a full-scale acceleration range of ±2/±4/±8/±16 g and an angular rate range of ±125/±245/±500/±1000/±2000 dps.
High robustness to mechanical shock makes the LSM6DS3 the preferred choice of system designers for the creation and manufacturing of reliable products.
The LSM6DS3 is available in a plastic land grid array (LGA) package.
- Power consumption down to 0.6 mA with always-on accelerometer and gyroscope
- Smart FIFO up to 8 kbyte based on features set
- Compliant with leading operating systems, including Android and Windows
- Hard, soft ironing for external magnetic sensor corrections
- ±2/±4/±8/±16 g full scale
- ±125/±245/±500/±1000/±2000 dps full scale
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- Independent IOs supply: 1.62 V – 3.6 V
- SPI/I2C serial interface with main processor data synchronization
- Embedded temperature sensor
- ECOPACK®, RoHS and “Green” compliant